Today, we have a Starbucks at every corner and we have websites that can bring our food to our doorstep. We have giant production plants (farms) and huge food companies that advertise their food constantly at us telling us how hungry we need to be.
Count Calories for a Week
Yes, it is a drag to count calories but I’m going to let you know a secret that is completely embarrassing for me but it made me realize how much I was eating. It really hit me how much I ate after I counted my calorie intake for a week. A person should have 2500 calories a day maximum and I think that at maximum is for a buff man but I’m not too sure. Anyway, when I counted my calories I found out I was eating over 6000 calories a day and was at 155 lbs.
I was so shocked that I felt disgusted by my habits and I was more motivated to change when I lost the battle with my size 5 jeans and had to go to a 7. Count your calories for a week and be amazed at how much you actually eat.
Cut Your Calories for a Week
Stop Counting Calories
Nobody wants to count or think about calories all day. We want to enjoy our food. So, if you believe one week was enough for you to get the hang of how much you need to eat every day, that’s great. If not try another week to truly get used to it.
- Count your calories for a week
- Stop counting calories and eat the correct amount of calories, 1900-2300, to lose weight
- Eat correctly Monday-Friday. Enjoy your weekend!
- Once you lose the weight you want you can either stick with 2300 calories a day or less to keep the weight off. Only you will know the correct amount for yourself.
- Stop eating pizza. Only eat one slice whenever it gets ordered.
- Limit bread, have more meat. You can eat bread-like things 3 times a day. A sandwich, spaghetti, and another sandwich is alright. Any more and you won’t lose any weight. (I actually recommend having as little bread as possible.)
- No soda unless you go out to eat. Make soda a reward and drink it when you go out. Don’t buy any soda or stock any for your fridge.
- Eat 1 sweet thing a day. A Hershey kiss 3 pieces of a Hershey bar, a scoop of ice cream. These are daily rewards you can have. Don’t overdo it.
- WATER. Drink water instead of anything else. If you can wean yourself off coffee to that’s great. I still drink coffee today but I will eat less sugar later in the day to make up for the early sugar.
- Eat a GIANT Breakfast, a LARGE lunch, and a small dinner. As the day goes on eat less.
- Always eat breakfast.
- Buy clothing for the size you want to be. Nothing more. Don’t ever buy bigger clothes. That’s how you will know if you’re gaining weight again. Especially those jeans. It helps when you buy jeans from different retailers because some jeans run small.
- Add exercise and stretching and you’ll be set (I did this life adjustment without exercise).
- Mix it up. Keep your proportions correct and your plate should have a variety of food. For example, instead of just spaghetti try to get spaghetti, chicken, and salad, no extra bread.
This is a proven method by my on words. I have practiced these things and now have more control over my food. I can see people eat so much and they fill me up just be looking at them stuff their face. I’m never starving and sometimes I reward myself too much but I lost the 20 lbs. I needed to lose and am now keeping my weight the same for over a year.
Like you, I wanted to be thin. Not for anyone else but for my own confidence. There’s nothing wrong with that.There’s just so much crud on the internet that confuses everyone. I don’t call this lifestyle change a diet because it’s not a diet. It truly is a lifestyle change I made. I was done with my fluctuating weight and my mom commenting on my weight. I also hated the fact that my jeans didn’t fit anymore!
Share your results at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you.